Wednesday, January 21, 2009

The curious case of Benjamin Button

I just came home from after watching the movie 'The curious case of Benjamin Button'. It is about a man who born old and dies as a baby. It's the clock ticking backwards. Very peculiar, I think that would be a good word. I found it ironic that today, I got the watch the movie. There is a lot about birth, dead and babies in the story of Benjamin Button. I thought there was really some kind of an irony, although now I doubt. Well, you see, I walk around with a dead baby in the womb. Just 2 months old, so it really shouldn't look like anything yet, but I just keep on thinking about this little poor thing.

Do you know the story of the death angel. I don't exactly remember how it goes, but something like this: There is a guy who somehow gets to talk to the death angel. They go together to the house of a poor peasant's house. The death angel takes away his only cow. Then they go to the rich man's house. The angel fixes a hole in his walls. The guy is confused. He asks why the angel took away the only cow of the poor man. The angel says: 'I came to his house to take the peasant's wife, instead I took the cow'. 'And the rich man?' the guy asked. 'There was a fortune behind the wall and if I didn't fix the hole, he would get even richer'.

There is a reason for all this happening, that's what I think. The problems with the house, the baby, all kinds of other little things that are going on... I think we are being spared of something really bad. I am just thankful, especially for those two little angels sleeping as I am writing. And I just hope... Tomorrow is a new day and I have strong feeling that it will be a very nice one.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

passo per caso nel tuo blog
un saluto from Italy, ciao