Thursday, June 24, 2010

Too much

Yes, finally we did too much. The kids cannot sleep, Miss A. has a cough and they are both not sleeping! I wish I could say we will have a nice and quite day tomorrow. No way! I cannot go to bed while the girls are both awake, so I will write.

Yesterday we had the cutest phone call. It was Pippa, a friend of Miss F. I first didn't understand who it was. It's the first time a friend of the kids calls us. She wanted to ask if Miss F. was available for a play date. We had the swimming and Ravinia, so I said no. "But", I said, "tomorrow morning, she is available." Pippa had to think a minute. "Sure" she said. I suggested that she asks her mother. "OK", she said "I will ask her and call you back in a minute." and she hang up. It was so cute that it didn't occur to her to put the phone down, ask her mother and come back. Of course we had to leave, but her mother called this morning. Miss F has a playdate tomorrow morning. She is so excited.

When Pippa hung up, Miss F. said "was that Pippa? I can't do that!" And I know she can't, my little shy daughter. Just so funny to hear it from her. I think after this, she might actually consider calling someone. She knows that it's possible.

We celebrated Sheila's birthday today. Other than that, we didn't do too much. Still the kids are very tired, and somehow not ready to sleep. I just hope nobody gets sick.

I saw the first firefly in the backyard. The beauty of summer!!

1 comment:

Gill - That British Woman said...

that's so cute.........mind you it could become very annoying when they get to teenagers, and the phone line is always busy with the girls always talking on it!!

Been there, done that and have the t-shirt, as they say!!

Gill in Canada