Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Back to life

Last weekend was "back to life". Friday evening, we were invited to Melinda's house for a dinner with her and Tony's family. This time, we said "yes". I tried to rest during the day to be able to make it, and I did.

When we arrived, I loved the expression on especially Lillian and Amelia. They were genuinely excited. Tally to Miss A from the hand and they were gone for the rest of the evening. P had a nice conversation with Tony's husband and we got to know their families better.

Saturday morning, Miss F had her b-day party at the bowling place. 9 girls and 1 boy bowled for an hour. Then we had some cake in the party room. It was great, the bowling place arranged everything for us, we hardly had to do anything. P has a video of the kids literally screaming a song - all of them!

Even though it was all well arranged, I came home exhausted. But there was no time to rest. P went to play tennis with Paul for a short while - which probably looked like anything but tennis!! Then we left for Deniz's house. We saw them one whole year ago. The little Alexander was not so little anymore, more like a giant 2 year old. The girls had Alexander had a blast. They are so welcoming and nice, we ended up leaving pretty late. Of course in good old days, late would be 1 am (with the kids) or later (without the kids.) It was 10.30 when we arrived home. Still I had to pay for it the next day.

Sunday, Paul came for a crepe breakfast. So I got up, made crepes and had a major bleeding that scared the sh.. out of us. Now we know that it's all OK, but at the moment, I literally screamed when I saw what was happening. That same day, after quite some doubt, P left for Europe. This is his first trip since 3 months!!

Looks like I'm OK, the baby is OK and I manage the household - not without hiccups- without P. I even went to swim today, for 12 minutes!! 12 long minutes. Had to sleep on the couch for 1,5 hours after that, but I did swim!!

No comments: