Thursday, July 10, 2008

Back to blog

It is so long ago that I posted on the blog... you know it means that I have been busy, which is good. I will try to give an overview of all that happened since the flood. I should better keep it short, otherwise it take couple of days to give all the details.

The kids' summer school ended at he end of June. I think they enjoyed it a lot, me too as I got 2,5 hours of my time per day. A cried each time I brought her to school, except the last week. Somehow she decided that it it was actually OK to be there and mommy came to pick her up everyday. I also changed the order I dropped the kids off. I was bringing F to class so that A could see that it was OK, but the last week we did it the other way around. It was much better. A gave be a half hug and a kiss, gave a big big hug to her sister and she walked in the class, without even looking back! I was amazed. We also had help from another child's' parents, Peri. Peri's father walked to the building, Peri walking next to him. A was standing in the middle of the path refusing to walk - the kids are supposed to walk to their classes, some Montessori thing. Peri's father saw us standing and came back with her daughter. Peri took A from the hand and helped her to walk. It was very cute. Peri helped us couple of other times too. Later on A was doing well all by herself as I mentioned before.
I met quite some parents - mostly mothers - at school. We will make some play dates and we are invited to Peri's b-day, next week-end on the beach!

I went to the farmers market on Friday mornings after dropping the kids off at school. Our house is now very often full with flowers. They don't last 3 weeks as in Holland, but they are not less beautiful.

My in-laws came back from their trip around the lake Michigan. They stayed another 2,5 weeks here. P was gone to Europe for 10 days, so it was very nice having them here. They did a lot of nice things with the kids and I didn't have to iron a thing for a while. Just before P left, we were gone shopping - the two of us - to buy some presents for our friends who had a big party for their 10th wedding anniversary. Anyway, we were walking in a shop when we heard some people talking Dutch to us, they heard us talking. It was a couple on their last vacation day. We talked a while. They told us they rented a camper etc. At a certain moment they said, half joking that they had two bikes for sale. I jumped on the opportunity. We wanted to bike with P's parents but we couldn't find the neighbor home to lend bikes. We ended up driving to the Dutch couple's camp ground and buying their bikes. We enjoyed the bikes many times in the last weeks. Thanks guys!

OK, I will post this now as the kids will not let me write longer for the moment. I will be back with the trip to aquarium, the zoo, out to the Sex and the city movie, the meeting in Paris, picking up P and bringing in-laws to the airport, out for dinner w/P, beach visits, picnics, one evening to the neighbors, kids story contest and Internations. This is like little reminder for me so I don't forget to write it all. I will be back....

No comments: