Friday, August 1, 2008

New friends and furniture stories

Today we met a family from the kids' school. The director gave our number to some families so that we can meet them en let the kids play. It is a super nice family with three kids, a girl at F's age, one older boy and a boy at A's age. The mother had all kinds of nice stuff prepared for us, and we were there like 9:30a.m. Her husband is brother of the husband of our neighbors we met lately - by the way, they are coming for dinner tomorrow. Kelly, our neighbor was there too with her daughter. The kids had a good time and the mothers too. Fun fun fun....

Wednesday we painted the bed and the bookcase of A. We had a friend of F, Rowan to help us. A's furniture is now a color I can best describe as lavender. A's was first a little sad, she thought her bed was broken. Next morning when she saw her bed ready and back in her room she was so excited. She is still excited to see her bed when she goes to sleep. She says 'nice' (mooi). I guess I can conclude that she likes it.

I think all our furniture stories came to an end. We got F's long waited dresser - I ordered it from another company, didn't pay the last bit of money we were supposed to pay to the Wicky lady who drove me crazy, and kept he dresser she 'lent' us because she basically never came to pick it up and pay some of our money back. The new dresser cost us quite little extra when I look at the balance, a bit more then 100 dollar. F's room looks beautiful. A's room is also beautiful with the newly painted furniture. The only space we are still missing is the basement and I just wait calmly for the landlord...

One last thing, this is a request from my dear brother, who probably will visit this house after we move to some other country.... My little niece got her name after she was 29 days old and her name is Arya - I like it and she is so cute...was cute because the last pictures I saw were... I never saw pictures of her. Hey brother, what did you think about sending some???

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear O,

My name is Claire. I found your blog online today and I would like to invite you to list it on our Expat Women Blog Directory (www.expatwomen.com/expatblog). It’s free. We would just love to have your blog listed on our site!

I also invite you to join our ExpatWomen.com community (www.expatwomen.com/sign_up.php). Membership is free and enables you to receive our monthly, inspirational newsletter, plus ensures your name is in the running for all of our ExpatWomen.com promotions and giveaways.

Thank you very much and my very best wishes to you,

Claire
Claire@ExpatWomen.com
www.ExpatWomen.com

Expat mum said...

Glad to see you're part of the Expat Women community and thanks for visiting my blog. I live two blocks from the Lincoln Park Zoo and you're right, it's great. My kids thnk it's their personal zoo!

Furniture Jati said...


How nice your furniture. . .. Im from Indonesia. . . I have teak furniture products. . . This one of the products that we produce.

Furniture Jati
Meja Makan Minimalis
lemari pakaian
toko furniture
kursi tamu
Dipan Jati
Mebel Jepara