Thursday, October 16, 2008

Cooking club

I don't know what I am doing but somehow I have little time to write. One of the things that I try to get going is a cooking club. No no, its not taking a lot of time or something, but I hope it will fill some mornings on those school days.

I got the idea when we were at a lecture at school. We started by telling something about ourselves, like a hobby. Couple of the mothers said they liked to cook. And I thought, mmm, every evening when we are having dinner, F looks at her plate and says 'Bah, this is not tasty'. So my idea was to ask those woman what their kids like to eat. When I told some of the mothers, they loved the idea. So we got together at Shelley's after drop off. She made a whole dinner ready for us to taste. She also had a delicious bread and muffins. 6-7 mothers showed up and we spent time talking to each other. It was so nice!

Couple days later, I baked the bread. P was about the only one to like it besides me.

The next meeting was by Ellie and she made it more like a get together, there were no recipes to be shared. It was very nice but wasn't what I meant at the 1st place.

Next Wednesday, I will be the host and I hope some people will show up. I know I will make something Turkish and I will post the results!

No comments: