Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Dark side of A

A has pain in her eyes for a while. I took her to the doctor and I was expecting to hear that she needs glasses. She is just 3. The doctor checked everything she can think of, and said that she couldn't see anything particular to worry about. She had an ear infection, so the conclusion was that she experienced the pain from her ears as from her eyes.

Tonight I was starting to write - finally - a new post when I heard this strange sound: somebody coughing like choking... scary. I hear that sound lately and I run upstairs and cannot figure out which girl it is. They both look OK. So tonight, I decided to listen from under the stairs and the sound came from A's room. I sneaked in her room to see that she is sitting in her bed, in dark, bended to something. Fully concentrated, trying to keep herself from coughing (the roots of the strange sound!) and ... time to time holding her eyes. I turned on the light to find out that she was trying to make a wooden puzzle out a book! Of course her eyes are hurting, my eyes would hurt if I try to puzzle in dark! I thought that she was sleepwalking actually, but she was awake, she knew who she was and who I was and she managed to ask me to finish the puzzle,with little tired eyes. Kids!

No comments: