Monday, June 29, 2009

Libertyville Days Festival/Parade - June 20

Last year, somehow, we had heard about the parade in Libertyville. I remember being quite impressed with it. This year's parade was nice, but of course the second never has the taste of the first one.

This time, we were there with Tena, Beck and Tamsen. It was a very hot day, one I expected from the Chicago summer. The kids got a lot of candy and this year, F was quite outgoing. She was waving to get candy and toys. Last year, we had to push her to the front.

After the parade, P left for shopping (he needed clothes and we didn't need to go shopping with him.) So Tena and I took the kids, to the rides. Oh, they had fun. F was going on every possible ride. A only wanted to do some kind of a game where you could win rubber ducks. We didn't win a thing, because we didn't play. You had to pay extra for it. At the very end, A decided to take train ride. Tamsen started off fast, got tired at the end. Beck was the one to go first on the roller coaster. That gave F courage, so they did it together. I was impressed. It is a child size coaster, but still... One of the things that I found cool was the fireman's pole. It wasn't a ride, it was more like a do it self demonstration. They had a construction that was around a pole. The kids could climb up the stairs and slide down the pole like firemen. They loved it!

At the end, I was exhausted. It was a long hot day. I wonder how the kids survived it. Tena had to bring us home, P was still shopping. Oh yes, his day was also successful. He came back with many bags!

The next day, we came to the Libertyville days with P's parents. We walked around, looked at the stands. I still had couple tickets from the day before, so the kids got to do another ride. I was surprised they didn't ask for more. They probably had enough as I did.

No comments: