Saturday, April 17, 2010

In Bartlett with Dave and Tena

I keep on saying how much I miss Dave and Tena. Luckily, they try to keep in touch as well. They were staying with Dave's sister Anissa and her husband Todd. They invited me and the girls. Of course they would have invited P, too. However, he was out of town. What's new!!

When I left home, I had no idea where Bartlett was. I was actually thinking I would go to Wisconsin. At this kind of moments, I love my GPS! It send me to the opposite direction, right to Anissa's.

In a second, the kids were best friends again. The girls played most of the time with Tamsen, but I could spot Beck and Miss F playing as well. We went to the swimming pool - which gave me a lot of itch the day after - and then to some dinner at their church. Nothing religious, it was for scouts or something.

On the way back to home, I realized that the reason why I miss Dave and Tena so much: there is no other couple here that we like both the wife and the husband and vice versa and hang around together. There are families we like, but somehow I see my friends, P sees his friends, we hardly ever see couples. I don't know why, it's just he way it is. Well, enough about these deep thoughts, I hope to see Dave and Tena soon, the rest of the family likewise!

No comments: