Friday, March 14, 2008

Cinderella

March 01
I promised F that we will go to Cinderella. She has been asking about it every evening. When I wanted to reserve the tickets, it was sold out. So typical of me to wait till the last moment to see that we won’t be able to go. Fortunately, there happens a lot here. We could get tickets for The Little Mermaid at 6 o’clock in the evening – a two hour show. I was a little worried, is it going to be nice, will the kids like it and will they behave!!!! We had a quite day, didn’t do much. F must have felt there was something going on, and decided she actually didn’t want to go to the show. She was worried that it will be scary with the sea witch and all. Well honestly, I was a little worried myself. Those fairy tales can be quite scary if you think about it! Luckily, F was not too difficult to persuade.
We left home on time and drove to a school. We drove the parking area. I was looking around to see if there were other very young kids like A, and there MANY! There were little babies, and kids of all ages. Not only half of the audience, but the artists were kids too. It was a very nice musical version of the Little Mermaid. A was applauding with the rest of the audience and F was looking breathless.
I have to give it to the Americans. Such a nice production, put on stage by some kind of after school theater art school for kids is just so impressive. What an opportunity if your kid has talent and has the chance to join such a school!

No comments: