Sunday, April 13, 2008

Journey to turkey

A hello from Turkey where we are enjoying a vacation, me and the girls. We arrived last Friday and we will be here for a while. P has to work. We left Thursday evening. Of course I had been packing and getting stressed for the trip days before that. still don´t like to fly - especially with the kids. We were on time for check-in which was very nice because online check-in did not work. F was happy to be leaving, she was looking forward to go on this vacation. A didn´t like to be tied up and started screaming. One of the flight attendants brought her some drinks in small cups with a straw, talked to her and magically made her stop. In the mean time, the people sitting right in front of us disappeared - probably went to sit somewhere else far from A! -. The kids did very well. Of course we had the usual 'nice' flight attendants and the ones that 'dislikes' their job, but we didn´t have any problems ourselves - a plus to United.

We arrived to Munich to change planes. P brought us to our flight and we said goodbye to him. He has a meeting in Egypt. He will join us later. the kids didn´t have trouble saying goodbye. We went to board to plane and I realized that my smart packing was not that smart at all. You see, I took one cabin luggage on wheels and of course I have the baby stroller. İf you make the math: two hands two things and two kids...at the first roller stairs I was at he bottom of the stairs while F was midways and A was standing on top looking down and not understanding what was happening. The guy next to him didn´t hear me first because of his Ipod earphones. At last A got three people helping her. She was very happy to see me below.

In the plane, the kids watched a film and I took a break. We arrived to Turkey in no time. Now we are here. My little niece who still doesn´t have a name is so cute and pretty. My nephew is quite jealous but he will be OK. F speaks quite a lot of Turkish and mixes all these small English words in her sentences. It is so cute. They are doing quite fine with jet lag too. I seem to be the only one having trouble adjusting - look t me writing a blog in the middle of the night!!

More news from Turkey will follow as my jet lag will sustain, but before that I will go back to the states and tell couple of things that happened before we left. Well, I will do that next time. Bye for now.

No comments: