Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Root canal and the kids

This is no comparison of a root canal with the behaviour of the kids. I am in pain, in real pain. Can't think of anything, this root canal just took over everything. Monday I left my new dentist - who coincidentally has Belgium roots and part of his family lives in Turkey, - with the positive feeling that I was just OK. No more toothache, I thought, not for a while. Yesterday the pain said 'hello, I'm coming' and today was AAAAAAAAA. And I can stand some pain, I think I am allowed to say that after delivering 2 kids 100% naturally. I am in pain and it paralyzes me. The only think I want to do is lay down and sleep. The whole day, I can't think of anything else. But...Of course I have the kids running around and I find myself getting angry for no reason, or just ignoring whatever they are saying to me. I have, today, continuously rejected playing princess or playing with F's new doll she got from the neighbors for her b-day. When I am writing this, I feel so guilty. She came home from school totally excited, she only wanted to play with her toy. She said she didn't do anything nice today, which is of course not true; but I know what she means. A was with me alone when the pain reliever had worked for a little while, so we had some fun together. My poor little F, she deserves so much attention after having her b-day without a celebration! We will have party for her, but it is in two weeks.

Oh! I can't write anymore, I just want to rip out this tooth and get rid of the pain. I hope my dentist is a good one - he looks really nice and reliable, but I have no other reference - and I hope there is nothing wrong with the root canal. Can't even round up this posting. Bye.

3 comments:

Expat mum said...

Ooh no. That's the worst kind of pain. When my first child was 8 weeks, I somehow got a dying nerve in a big molar. Having had a c-section, the hospital sent me home with Vicoden (!?) which I chose not to take for fear of becoming totally addicted. I must say it came in very handy for dealing with the toothache though!

Raúl said...

m gusta mucho tu blog lo visito a diario visita el mio y si t gusta deja un comentario y nos linkeamos los blogs.

Dusty Desert said...

Ohh, I can imagine the pain, I've had it once.
It is much worse than delivering an baby. Hopefully you are getting better now and also F is.
Please remember that you was the one who was inspiring me with your activities, I couldn't stand it anymore, drinking coffee and doing nothing... So thank you for that!
Lots of love!