Wednesday, November 5, 2008

My mother arrived!

For the ones who are waiting for some news, my mother arrived today and she had a nice trip. She saw most of the house and actually stood on the basement trap and looked around. She is extremely scared of mouses and yes we have them somewhere in the basement. I hired a company who is supposed to take care of them, only it takes a while. The problem is, they probably come from some place under the deck and the walls are finished. We cannot look under the deck and break all the walls, so I wonder how we will find the hole which they use to come inside the house. I'll come back to this probably.

At the airport, F was so excited, she was jumping around when she was Anneanne (grandma in Turkish). We were waiting for more than an hour. A was unfortunately sleeping. When she woke up in the car, she had this big smile. F is really trying to speak Turkish. I am expecting their Turkish to improve while my mother is here. My mother brought nice presents for them, no no-sense toys, so we are still good with our Montessori life. The kids showed their best at the dinner, setting the table, cleaning up, F helping A with stuff...

My mother went to sleep around 8.3 p.m. and I think she will be totally awake around 4 a.m. but I warned her. I'll continue with my mother's USA adventures in the coming days.

No comments: