Tuesday, November 4, 2008

President of The USA

It is 10 pm and I was actually about to go to bed. But I couldn't stop myself from setting the computer on. Obama is just announced as the next President of the USA. He was senator from Illinois, so they have a big party in Grant Park in Chicago. He will make an appearance there. I don't remember how the elections were celebrated in the Netherlands or Turkey, but here people are gathered all over the country to celebrate in churches, parks, etc. in real organized parties for citizens. Grand Park is packed with people, the camera is focusing on a man (50-60 years), African-American, crying. Not the first tears I saw in the last 10 minutes on the screen.

McCain is talking in Arizona to his supporters, one of his best performances from the ones I heard till now.

Very tired and still waiting for the Obama speech. I think I will turn off the computer and head to bed right after it....

###

OK, still online... Obama is on TV. Lots and lots o f tears on the screen.

....He's saying that his two kids are getting a puppy when they go to the White House.... Back to serious business, the guy has a charisma and a charm. I'm glad Bush is gone and let's wait and see.... Good night.

1 comment:

Dusty Desert said...

Congratulations! The middle east heads in the news papers that they embrace Obama as the new president of USA! For your knowledge....
Take care!