Monday, February 1, 2010

The Dutch Blood

Our number one is a real Dutch girl. She is a copy of her father in so many ways, like their identical mouths, and hair and they are never cold... She is on the ice skates and she skates like a little Dutch would do. She is on the bike since she is one year old, plus she learned biking on two wheels on her first try.

Number two is "my daughter", I say. First of all, she is cold all the time. She walks into tables and doors, just like her mother. Biking....disaster. I took her ice skating with F and a friend of hers, she sat on a chair and let other kids push her for an hour. I also think she more looks like me, but I wouldn't dare writing that, we don't want to hurt daddy's feelings.

But... of course there is a but, otherwise, why would I bother posting this in my blog. But, last week, I took Miss A to ice skating, while her sister was at school. It was a beautiful sunny day, no wind at all. So even I wasn't cold! The first ten minutes, she was holding my hand and making little steps on her skates. After that, she was at the other side of the rink by herself, running, skating, falling and getting up - all with a big smile on her face. Last weekend, we went skating twice. She was doing so well! It's definitely not my genes, after all A has some Dutch blood.

By the way, I tried it too and I didn't fall, not even once! I should ask my parents, maybe I have some far Dutch ancestor??

No comments: