Monday, February 1, 2010

How to survive when husband is gone over the weekend

If P is gone during the week, I am so busy with the kids, I don't really think about it. Weekends can get long, though. As the end of the week approaches, and P is on some trip at the other side of the world, I feel this slight panic coming up: what are we going to do!

Here's is my last husband-less weekend:
Saturday:
  • Wake up at 7 and try to stay in bed another five minutes (beg the kids, get angry, try to hide under the blankets, try to ignore the kids jumping on my head)
  • Get up grumpy, but well, it's weekend so feel relaxed and happy
  • Bake pancakes (because I love them)
  • Go ice skating with Fauzia and her kids
  • Go to Brook's for delicious home made pizza (which I didn't make!)
  • Drink a lot of wine, because the weekend makes me nervous
  • Sleep

Sunday:
  • Wake up at 7.30 and try to stay in bed for another five minutes (beg the kids, bla bla...)
  • Talk to husband and say that we are having great fun
  • Take the kids to Church school. They love it and I get to read my book for 45 minutes
  • Come home and make pancakes for Fauzia and her daughters
  • Eat, watch the kids play, play some table tennis with Fauzia
  • Wave friends goodbye and clean up the kitchen
  • Take the girls ice skating - of course Fauzia, her kids and other friends are there, too
  • Meet Kerry and Shelia, go out to dinner
  • Kids are exhausted, but after eating some food, they get an energy boost and they almost cause us to get remarks from the tables around us. Shhhhh.
  • Drink some wine, I am still a bit nervous about the weekend
  • Hey, it's already time to go to bed? What happened to the weekend?
Monday morning:
  • The kids are still exhausted from the overloaded weekend, because their mother had this panic attack!

No comments: