Friday, March 5, 2010

The "Mother of the year" award

Two weeks ago, our school had "Father's visit day." They send us a letter home, they put up signs and Miss A came home with a reminder. I made sure that P knew about the event, taht he was signed up and was not away on business trip on that Saturday. F was very excited to show daddy her work and her class. A accepted that it was for her older sister, not for her.

I thought I would use the opportunity to take A to our Gym, bring her to the child care there(she is used to be there with her sister, but not without her.) I would like to make more use of the Gym - like more than once in two moths - and it's easier if A likes the child care. And guess what, she absolutely didn't like it. I spend 20 minutes trying to convince her to stay there, finally left her behind crying and still missed the class I wanted to follow. It was NOT a success!

Then...

Oh no! I realized the father's visit was also for A! How could I ever make such a mistake??!! All those reminders and posters! I just didn't get it and made my little girl cry! I am up and running for that award. Gooooo Mommy! (sorry my little baby!)

1 comment:

Gill - That British Woman said...

oh dear me, in the scheme of things she will have totally forgotten about it soon. We all make mistakes......

Gill in Canada