Tuesday, March 2, 2010

The weak gender?

The kids are playing nicely (well, I will not complain about the mess in the living room) and husband is back to work, so I feel like blogging - and I have time for it!

When I was telling friends about P's approaching surgery, they had some funny comments. We are in the States for two years and P was hospitalized 4 times, twice for a surgery. Our American fiends know him as "that guy who is either in hospital or on a business trip."

One friend said "did he want to try another hospital?" It was P's third hospital, so she had a point. I'll give thumbs up for Condell in Libertyville, nothing like the black hole of hospital (once you get in, you cannot get out, I wrote about it a year ago).

"There is a reason why woman over live their husbands" said Carla. I always thought that husbands were mostly couple years older than their wives, that's why the husbands "went" first. Even though all the statistics show that woman live longer, I always found it comforting that P and I are just a year apart. But Carla might have a point. Oh, no! this blog is getting depressing, it was supposed to be fun!

"See" said Brooke, "that's why woman give birth to children. Man are weak, they wouldn't survive it!" So true, sorry guys! But we still love you! Let's say, it's nice to have a hubby around.

1 comment:

Gill - That British Woman said...

it's the opposite for us, I have been in and out of hospital for various things since I came to Canada. Dh (touching wood here) has been lucky and never had an overnight visit in the hospital.

Gill in Canada